[OpenWrt-Devel] Still no progress on gigabit ports on Mikrotek 2011UiAS-2HnD

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Nov 18 06:50:05 EST 2014

I still have non-working gigabit ports on my Mikrotik 2011UiAS-2HnD. Soren
Harward kindly had a look at various diagnostics but hasn't seen
anything obvious wrong yet.

The symptoms are exactly the same for both a build I configured from
the current trunk and a default Mikrotik build of Barrier Breaker
14.07.

The five Fast Ethernet ports (on the integrated AR8227) work
perfectly, the five Gigabit ports (on external AR8327) don't work
under OpenWrt.  They work fine under RouterOs and the BOOTP load of
OpenWrt into RAM works via one of the Gigabit ports.

Looking at statistics for the Gigabit switch there's loads of data
sent but nothing at all received.

I'm wondering if the problem is some subtle difference between the
2011UiAS-2HnD and other members of the 2011 series. The one that Soren
Hayward has working doesn't have WiFi like mine.  (The WiFi works fine
when I enable it though).

In addition to the Gigabit ports not seeing any input I can't get the
USB to work at all either.  I've installed kmod-usb-core and
kmod-usb-printer but nothing about USB ever appears in dmesg whatever
I connect to the USB port.

--
Chris Green