[OpenWrt-Devel] Configuring ethernet auto-negotiation off, setting speeds explicitly

Shankar Unni shankarunni at netscape.net
Wed Nov 12 12:16:29 EST 2014

Thanks for that pointer, Aaron, but it looks like swconfig won't be of use to me, because it's for configuring specific switches (my usage is not a switch - it's the Intel ethernet port directly from the Rangeley SoC).

Anyway, for now, I'm planning to write a small helper script that is invoked from from an early startup script, to invoke ethtool directly on the switch ports at startup.  If I want to change the negotiation parameters, I'll have to re-invoke that script once for each change.

Can't add a hotplug script for this, because those are invoked only after a successful negotiation and link sense. :-/.