[OpenWrt-Devel] [OT] Anyone interested in donating Broadcom development?

Jonas Gorski jonas.gorski+openwrt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 05:26:47 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 11:01 AM, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:

>>> hi david.
>>>
>>> please post the link to the mail you sent on -devel about this.
>>
>> It's been a couple years since my last attempt, given that the
>> topic just came up, I figured I'd try to figure out what the right
>> process is for the next time :-)
>>

> i just checked the archive and i cannot find a single mail from you
> where you try to figure out where to send donations to.
>
> can you elaborate your effort ? i want to understand what you did
> wrong to help other not make the same error in future
>

>> the most interesting items for me right now are the DSL version on
>> the netgear 3700 and the netgear r6200.
>
> what HW is inside them ?

Both Broadcom bcm63xx - so you won't get any DSL out of it. I do have
a DGND3700v1 here, and I plan to add support to it soonish (not sure
if it make it to BB). It won't include nand flash support. Adding
support for v2 or D6200 will be a bit less useful, as both use bcm6362
and the internal wifi for 2.4GHz, which is currently completely
unsupported. And in case of D6200, 11AC wifi for 5 GHz, so no support
there either.

Jonas