[OpenWrt-Devel] [OT] Anyone interested in donating Broadcom development?

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 02:57:59 EDT 2014

On 28 July 2014 08:09, Alex Henrie <alexhenrie24 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone interested in helping a bit? I've PayPal account (registered
>> with this e-mail) or I can link items I need to order + shipping
>> address if you prefer.
>
> What specific items are you looking for? (Send me some model numbers.)

1) BCM4331 (HT-PHY)
a) I already have BCM94331CSAX [0] with hand-soldered PCIe /adapter/,
but I can't find three cheap MHF4 to RP-SMA cables. I found some on
amazon.com but a bit overpriced ($6.99 for one).
b) I have BCM94331CD [1] that luckily has U.FL connectors for
antennas, but I don't have adapter for it.

2) BCM4352 (AC-PHY)
I was looking for: ASUS PCE-AC56, AzureWave AW-CE123H, BCM94352HMB,
Dell Wireless 1550, WCBN606BH, but can't find any of them in Poland.
So I'll need to order one of these on eBay. Probably simply the
cheapest one of these I mentioned.

3) BCM4360 (AC-PHY)
a) I wanted to buy one Asus (PCE-AC66 or PCE-AC68) and I can get in
Poland easily.
b) I also wanted to buy BCM94360CD (requires an adapter)

So to sum it up:
1) Adapter for BCM94331CD
2) Some BCM4352
3) PCIe Asus based on BCM4360
4) BCM94360CD + adapter

What I found:
1) Standalone adapters are available as "Dual 12 PCIE-AM". I found
them on agreetao and mallaid (don't have any experience with them):
http://www.agreetao.com/item/20865240537
http://www.mallaid.com/index.php/item/20865240537
Cost at Mallaid $28 + shipping ($10 or $24)

2) BCM94352HMB is for $40-$45 on eBay (including shipping)

3) Costs ~$100 in Poland

4) This is expensive :|
a) eBay: $90 + $40 (shipping)
http://www.ebay.com/itm//291185773590
b) Mallaid: $97 + shipping ($10 or $24)
http://www.mallaid.com/index.php/item/36337693711
c) OSX WIFI: $100 but shipping to the US only
http://www.osxwifi.com/adapters/apple-broadcom-bcm94360cd-802-11-a-b-g-n-ac-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh

[0] https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Broadcom_BCM94331CSAX
[1] https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Broadcom_BCM94331CD

--