[OpenWrt-Devel] About oldpackages/perl-*

Marcel Denia naoir at gmx.net
Tue Jul 15 23:19:24 EDT 2014

Hey everyone,

bugtracker seems to have some issues, so I'm posting here.
Some users reported[1][2] errors about all perl-* packages in oldpackages.
Perl was recently moved to the new GitHub repository. All remaining perl
modules expect the main perl directory to be present in their parent
directory, so that's what causes these error messages.
I guess they should be removed from oldpackages until updated ones are
ready(did anyone use them by the way?). They're broken beyond that error
message anyhow, so it's not that big of a loss.

[1] https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/17116
[2] https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/17133