[OpenWrt-Devel] Help with SysupgradeNAND

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Wed Jul 9 03:48:39 EDT 2014

On 09/07/2014 09:14, Andre Valentin wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I also noticed after upgrading that routers with jffs2 in ubi
> (rootfs_data) are not supported anymore. The jffs2 is not mounted
> after an upgrade, resulting in loss of configuration. I had to
> clear rootfs_data to be able to mount it again as ubifs. That's
> okay if you know it!

i think using squash+ubifs is a better option as we dont need to use
the gluebi layer anymore. this makes the whole setup a lot nice i
think. that is why jffs2 support for nand is gone. however i am open
to hear use cases for why jffs2 support should be added for nand.

> I noticed a second issue. hostapd (running in some kind of dfs
> loop) was not killed by sysupgrade nand. That resulted in breaking
> the upgrade. System rebooted with old image. I personnaly added a
> check in sysupgrade if it runs below upgraded and if that's true, I
> kill _all_ processes. If interested I could publish the patch.

please send a patch

> A third point is the upgrade itself. I the rootfs image grows, and
> rootfs_data has all the remaining space aligned, it will not work
> because rootfs cannot grow. Perhaps rootfs_data should always be
> recreated in the update process. If interested I could also supply
> a patch.

please send a patch

	John