[OpenWrt-Devel] Strange LED behavior on ramips

Vittorio G (VittGam) openwrt at vittgam.net
Wed Dec 24 20:55:36 EST 2014

Hi everybody,

I've got some HooToo HT-TM02 rt5350-based routers, and I've noticed a quite weird thing with LEDs.

It seems that the LED handling gets halted for ~100ms every second.

I'm linking to a video to explain this behavior. Here I've set the timer trigger for the blue LED to 50ms of delay_on/delay_off (like when in failsafe):

https://server2.vittgam.net/openwrt-hootoo.mp4

The halting happens even with other delay times, even on the other green LED, and it is also noticeable when using other triggers, like netdev.

I think the issue is with the rt5350 LED and/or GPIO driver, so does this happen to other ramips routers as well?

Cheers, and Happy Xmas
Vittorio G