[OpenWrt-Devel] Introducing "fastpath" - Kernel module for speeding up IP forwarding

Tomer Eliyahu tomereliyahu1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 10:14:05 EST 2014

> Have you considered proposing it for inclusing in Linux upstream as well?
Yes - we plan to propose it to netfilter-devel at a later stage, after
upgrading to Kernel 3.14 (our kernel is currently based on 3.10),
which is required for adding nftables support to fastpath's rules
handling.

> By the way, we're not accepting features into the Barrier Breaker branch
> that haven't already been implemented in trunk.
> I would suggest doing development on trunk first, and backporting for
> your own use later. While it may be a bit more effort initially, in the
> long run this will make it a lot easier for you to keep up to date with
> the changes that we're making in OpenWrt while you're developing
> features for your products.
This is indeed the preferred method, but unfortunately we are
currently bound to Barrier Breaker.
We will however prepare the package for the trunk, after uploading the
sources to GitHub.

> Please do. Having done some network stack performance work myself, I'm
> looking forward to reviewing your implementation.
Will do, stay posted.