[OpenWrt-Devel] ar8216: phy_init and bug report 18415

Heiner Kallweit hkallweit1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:48:35 EST 2014

Am 17.12.2014 um 08:47 schrieb Weedy:

> On Nov 28, 2014 3:24 PM, "Weedy" <weedy2887 at gmail.com <mailto:weedy2887 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>> On Nov 28, 2014 5:23 AM, "Heiner Kallweit" <hkallweit1 at gmail.com <mailto:hkallweit1 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>> > Anybody with a 8216-based device who can test this?
>>
>> Me me me, me me.
>> 4300 currently running trunk with 43332 reverted.
>> I am at your service.
>
> Is the current trunk fixed? You never replied after this.
>
> Do I need to keep 43332 reverted to keep autoneg working?

Ticket 18415 was closed as it was confirmed that as at least version >=43419 is ok.
(I assume 43410 fixed the issue.) Therefore current trunk should be ok.

However if you want to check further what the actual root cause was:
-> Re-enable the additional reset by reverting 43410
-> Issue there?
-> If yes, check whether inserting a mdiobus_write(bus, i, MII_BMCR, BMCR_ANENABLE);
   before mdiobus_write(bus, i, MII_BMCR, BMCR_RESET | BMCR_ANENABLE); in
   ar8xxx_phy_init fixes it.

Heiner