[OpenWrt-Devel] Should these UCI defaults be the same for all Mikrotik RB2011 variants?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sat Dec 13 17:16:56 EST 2014

In the UCI defaults:-

    build_dir/target-mips_34kc_uClibc-0.9.33.2/root-ar71xx/etc/uci-defaults/03_network-switchX-migration

there is the following section:-

    db120 |\
    rb-2011l | \
    rb-2011uas-2hnd)
            migrate_switch_name "eth0" "switch0"
            migrate_switch_name "eth1" "switch1"
            ;;

My RB2011's board name is rb-2011uias-2hnd so the above initialisation
won't be executed.  I suspect there are quite a few other names that
may be generated for different models.

Should they just be added as they are found or would it be better to
do some sort of pattern matching?

While I'm about it, what exactly does the above default setup do?  My
rb-2011uias-2hnd seems to work OK without it.

--
Chris Green