[OpenWrt-Devel] ar934x+ar8327v4

David Hutchison dhutchison at bluemesh.net
Fri Dec 5 11:15:58 EST 2014

Hello,

Yes the problem remains when enable_vlan is set to 0

I don't think it's related to your changes either. I synced with trunk
in hope that your changes made a difference with my problem. However
that does not seem to be the case.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Does this
sound more like an issue with ag71xx since that is what exposes the
"eth0" interface? Could it be as simple as the switch just isn't
recognized? Perhaps the switch interconnect is no longer RGMII and
should be GMII?

If I knew where in those drivers to start looking, I could probably
help fix this problem. I enjoy tinkering with the drivers, and
learning how to fix them :)

I was hoping you had some knowledge about how the interface becomes
tied with the switch itself, and if there were any specifics for the
ar8327 that must be set before the communication between the CPU +
Switch Chip can happen.

Felix, would you by chance have any ideas as to what to check next?
The switch0 interface works fine, the eth0 interface tied to the
switch. Does not.

The other thing to note ( and i'm not sure if this is by design ).. I
used to be able to do "swconfig dev eth0 show" and show the switch the
eth0 was connected to. Now I must use "swconfig dev switch0 show" to
configure the switch. When you do "swconfig dev eth0 show" it says it
Failed to connect to the switch. In the past, I have always used eth0
to configure the switch however that may have been incorrect.

-- Davey