[OpenWrt-Devel] ar934x+ar8327v4

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Fri Dec 5 05:21:02 EST 2014

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 10:59:11AM +0100, Heiner Kallweit wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> > This sounds very like the bug #18401 I have raised for my
> > RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN.
> >
> > I have exactly the same problem of everything appearing to be detected
> > OK and interfaces OK but eth0 simply doesn't do anything.
>
> Ticket 18401 relates to BB 14.07. Therefore the issue doesn't seem to be
> related to recent changes in the AR8216 driver.
> It might be something more general related to the SoC-internal switch and
> and external switch chip being active in parallel.

As I noted in #18401 the bug is exactly the same both in BB 14.07 and
in the CC trunk.  Thus I think it's probably not to do with the recent
changes in the driver, rather to some sort of change in the hardware
in the latest Mikrotik routers.

Some people with the RB2011 (other incarnations but presumably
basically the same) have it working OK.

--
Chris Green