[OpenWrt-Devel] Including git revision commit hash and svn revision id on release announcement.

Yousong Zhou yszhou4tech at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 00:45:41 EDT 2014

On 28 August 2014 11:11, Alive4Ever <alive4ever at live.com> wrote:
> Hello developers.
>
> Probably you are annoyed by people asking which revision is Barrier Breaker
> RC3 or similar, because they want to be able to compile the specific release
> theirselves.
>
> To address this issue, I think it would be better to add git revision commit
> hash for each Openwrt release announcement. So that, if someone already has a
> trunk repository, no need to hassle with cloning repository again just for
> applying that relase.  Users will be able to go to specific release just by
> issuing git revert <git commit hash> or git reset <git commit hash> in their
> local git repository.

Trunk and release are in different repositories and there exists
commits that are in one repo but not in the other so that operations
on trunk with commit id from release repo should not work.

I use the following setup

        git remote add bb git://git.openwrt.org/14.07/openwrt.git
        git fetch bb
        git checkout -b bb --track bb/master

Then local branch bb will track remote Barrier Breaker repo's master branch.

                yousong