[OpenWrt-Devel] [ANN] MicroPython - well-known scripting language, unbloated

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 15:18:52 EDT 2014

Hello,

On Sat, 16 Aug 2014 13:18:33 +0200
"valent.turkovic at gmail.com" <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll definitely give cross-compiling for mips architecture (I have
> lots of AR9331 based routers around) a go and let you know how it
> worked out, or if it didn't work out.

The latest news is that build recipes were contributed by another user:

https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/211
https://github.com/openwrt/packages/pull/212

> Does MicryPython have support for serial communication as Python has
> with PySerial? What I mostly need is some simple communication back
> and forth with different serial based devices, like bluetooth modules
> and such.

Yep, I would have the same need. To make that possible, "termios"
Python module should be implemented. I started coding it in my branch,
will take some time to actually test/debug it. When it's done, I'll just
port my pyserial-like unbloated module
https://github.com/pfalcon/py-simple-serial , so the serial
communication is within reach. I'll let you know once it's ready.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                          mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com