[OpenWrt-Devel] Status of ACS survey with rt2x00 driver using hostapd

Yousong Zhou yszhou4tech at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 09:27:40 EDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to get ACS working on my available devices.

What I have noticed is that the command `iw phy phy0 survey dump`
returned different result between HiWiFi HC6361 which uses ath9k
driver and a MT7620A based device using rt2x00 driver.   On HC6361,
the command displayed statistics for all 11 channels, while only 1
channel's statistics was fetched on the MT7620A device.

I checked with related code of hostapd, ath9k, rt2x00, and found the
cause in `rt2800_get_survey()`.  Is this behaviour determined by
hardware that hostapd's current ACS implementation is not expected to
work with rt2x00 driver?

Hmm, how about the solution of adding a function akin to
`ath_update_survey_stats()` for rt2x00?

Regards

                               yousong