[OpenWrt-Devel] Netgear WNR1000 v3 N150 -- Is it possible to install OpenWRT on this without opening the box

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 09:39:41 EDT 2014

On 17 August 2014 15:30, quickbooks office <quickbooks.office at gmail.com> wrote:
> I installed this:
>
> [user at localhost openwrt]$ md5sum *
> 65111512db032e42b581a2041c63d816  openwrt-wnr1000_v3-squashfs.chk

OK

> but now the Power light on the router is Orange. It doesn't turn to green.

OpenWrt doesn't know LEDs or buttons for this device yet, so it won't
change your LEDs.

> I connected to LAN port 4, the port lights up to green.

Except for ethernet LEDs which are controlled by the hardware.

> But I do not get an IP automatically assigned to my PC.

Oh, OK, so this sounds like a problem :( It seems OpenWrt didn't boot
correctly for some reason.

Could you get a serial console (the most comfortable is probably some
USB TTL one), open the box and connect serial console to the board?
With serial console you could see all OpenWrt messages and we could
see what went wrong.