[OpenWrt-Devel] Moving all feeds to OpenWrt GitHub organisation

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 07:13:00 EDT 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 9:21 PM, Etienne Champetier
<champetier.etienne at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The interest of GitHub is that it's simpler for new comer
> I really think mailing list + patchwork is the way to go for the base/core
> part of OpenWrt
>
> What would be the advantage of GitHub for you Valent?

I'm definitely a newcomer and have not sent any patch so far, so can't
compare the two. But I have used github for sending few patches to
other different projects, and not learning a different way of sending
patches is definitely a big plus.
Also my current and future employers can more easily see what I was
doing to assess my skills, or lack of them :)
Just my 2c.