[OpenWrt-Devel] WAN bouncing at boot

Bas Mevissen abuse at basmevissen.nl
Tue Aug 12 10:05:09 EDT 2014

On 08/09/2014 04:13 AM, Weedy wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Weedy <weedy2887 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is there anything I can do to stop this? It started sometime in the
>> last 6months of trunk.
>> Right after this and couple minutes after boot my healing script fires
>> and detects that WAN is broken and calls ifdown; sleep; ifup at which
>> point I get an IP and keep it. But why it the WAN goinig up and down
>> during boot?

Difficult to help you without any information about the platform.

You might go back in time and track down the change that caused the
issue by bisection. Can take some time to execute, but is feasible when
the problem is reproducible. Beware that when going back in time with
the sources, you must force recompilation.

> bump.

Not really useful to do a full quote of the original message. Waste of
bandwidth.