[OpenWrt-Devel] Porting OpenWRT to Buffalo WZR-1750DHP

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 15:18:41 EDT 2014

On 4 August 2014 20:31, Ronaldo Afonso <ronaldo at ronaldoafonso.com.br> wrote:
>   Well, the WZR-1750DHPD is already shipped with DD-WRT, so I think it would
> not be so hard to port it to OpenWRT.

I guess you didn't notice then that: DD-WRT uses out of tree drivers,
ignores many subsystems, duplicates code, has quality of code not
acceptable for the mainline kernel. Oh, and don't forget about using
closed source drivers (wl.ko for sure, don't know about others).

>   I just have the hardware and I'm able to compile OpenWRT and test it. I'm
> a C programmer, but I don't have a very good device driver programming
> skill.
>
>   I can do any tests using that device.

Well, we will need testers once we have most of the stuff sorted out.
Right now we need developers.