[OpenWrt-Devel] [RFC] netifd: enable force_link by default for proto=static

Hans Dedecker dedeckeh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 09:37:24 EDT 2014

Since netifd commit 75e73ab force_link is enabled by default for proto static in the netifd code.
This causes the netifd ubus interface up event to be send based only on the interface enabled state (and thus faster) while if linksensing is enabled the interface ubus event up is send when the interface is both enabled and the link has been sensed.
This timing change has some impact; eg in an application I'm fetching the bridge port info based on the interface ubus up event.
After the force_link change for proto static all bridge port info is not yet available as netifd is still setting up the bridge while the ubus interface up event is already raised.
Before this was not the case as the ubus interface up event was raised when the bridge was enabled (all bridge ports configured) and link has been sensed.
I was wondering why the behavior was hardcoded changed in netifd for proto static although the same behavior could be achieved by setting the uci parameter force_link to 1.

Thx,
Hans

---