[OpenWrt-Devel] Target kernel config changes not triggering rebuild? (was: Re: DIR-615 E4 factory image padding size)

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 16:56:00 CEST 2013

Hello,

Gabor Juhos <juhosg at openwrt.org> writes:
> Yes, the 'Image/Build/Cameo' macro is broken.
> Don't need to send a patch, I'm working on that already.

Great cleanup and the fixes on top, thank you!

Can you please explain what is this "mac" partition about, what does it
hold? I know wireless "eeprom" is in the last "art" partition and that
seems to be all that's needed, at least on my other wr741nd device.

I also faced a strange issue which forced me to open the device and
attach the serial (and for no evident reason tftpboot didn't work
either, the device kept sending me arp requests ignoring my replies, so
I had to use Ymodem).

Apparently, after I did "git pull; make oldconfig; make" and
sysupgraded, the resulting images ended up missing the appropriate
firmware partition splitters so it couldn't mount the rootfs after the
reboot. I have no real clue how that might have happened but "make
target/linux/clean; make" gave me a new sysupgrade image that work fine.

Thank you again for your work.
mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com