[OpenWrt-Devel] Comprehensive ipv4 and ipv6 unaligned access, patch for ar71xx

Andrew Byrne openwrt at andy.id.au
Tue Apr 24 11:13:58 CEST 2012

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 6:32 AM, Gert Doering <gert at greenie.muc.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 07:43:36PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
>> It's documented here: http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/dhcp6c
>
> Oh!  This is tremendously cool!  Thanks to everyone who made that
> possible.
>
> Nit to pick: calling this "sla_len" is a bit weird.  Especially if
> you don't know whether the ISP will assign a /48, /56 or /60, this
> sounds a bit awkward to ensure /64 on an interface - or am I misreading
> this?

When I created this config file, it was based purely off the existing
WIDE-DHCPv6 config file requirements.

The only way to avoid this variable in the config file will be for
someone to patch the source code so it automatically calculates the
value based on the size of the delegated prefix.

I've moved house recently and no longer have access to an ISP that
provides native IPv6.  This makes it difficult for me to test, however
I will see what I can do.

Regards,

Andrew Byrne