[VOTE] Use GitHub issues instead of bugs.openwrt.org

elias at eliashaisch.de elias at eliashaisch.de
Fri Jan 28 00:00:27 PST 2022

Dear all,
as an inactive member of this list i voted "yes", having the impression that it would be benifitial to use github. Easy, cause i am lazy. Reading the discussion which evolved since then, i am thankful some of you started, i have to admit that using github should probably be avoided due to political reasons(foss, ipv6, monopolism, diversity). As i sad its comfortable to use one platform(lazy) for most of your code.

I would change my voting to "NO".

The point is i have not as much time to dig into that. Make suggestions, learn about all the possibilities to make a profound decision. I am sorry for that. I am an artist not a programmer, for sure i take my part here to seriously, i wonder if i am the only one in that list who just sad "yes" because its easy to use what you are used to, what all the beginners stumble across writing theire first hello world, copy and pasting.

>From the foss standpoint github is the wrong choice! Thats why i am encouraged to change to a "no". IPV6 is something what probably  (sadly) needs to be enforced by gouvernements.

Sorry for my broken english.
best regards
Elias