[RFC] Introduce inactive member status

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Mon Oct 25 11:09:38 PDT 2021

Hi,

I think that practically this will be _more_ complicated, since somebody will have to keep track of who voted when.

I personally prefer the original suggestion due to its simplicity. We are not dependent on frequency of votes or any other parameters there. The "inactive" members just declare themselves.

The only problem I can think there of is technical:

Imagine somebody raises a vote for a certain subject.
Now person "B" states that he is inactive immediately after that.
Will he be counted for the total number of people in the (absolute-majority) vote then?
In my opinion, we should be very strict on the timeline in these cases, so nobody can jump in or out just for a specific vote.
I'm not sure whether this aspect needs to be added explicitly to the rules in the end, though.

Best

Adrian