[VOTE] commit access for EO Sungbo

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Wed Oct 6 14:48:36 PDT 2021

Hi everybody,

I'd like to start a vote on giving commit access to EO Sungbo (aka mans0n on
GitHub).

He has contributed to various platforms and also relatively frequently
commented on and reviewed other people's PRs on GitHub.
After having a closer look, I found that within the last 2 years (and also 3
years ;-)) he actually is the author with 2nd-most commits in the core repo
who is not a core member. (The submissions use the name "Sungbo Eo")

I've noticed him as somebody whose submissions have high quality and who is
interested in doing things properly, not just getting stuff in.
Actually, his reviews were already helping us quite a lot, since they
allowed me to merge stuff on platforms where there is not much interest by
any committer.
Our chat in preparation of this proposal has also shown me that he has
genuine interest in and ideas for the future of OpenWrt.

I'd thus be happy to have him on our team and think that he would be a great
help and addition to our project.

It would be nice if we could conclude this vote within the next two weeks.

Best

Adrian