Ongoing costs and donation campaign at same time as 21.02 release?

Daniel Pono Takamori pono at sfconservancy.org
Sat May 29 08:49:02 PDT 2021

Hey everyone, I'm Pono and I'm the new project liason and community organizer
at the Software Freedom Conservancy. Sorry I'm a bit slow to respond here.

On Sat, May 22, 2021 at 05:21:12PM -0400, Rich Brown wrote:
> a) I am delighted that some private individuals have stepped up to pay for
> the infrastructure. But there's no need for this: OpenWrt should pick up this
> expense.
>
> b) It would be helpful to know what funds are available through SFC, now that
> they can handle contributions on our behalf.
>
> c) Based on those numbers, we can design a plan for soliciting sufficient
> contributions to make us, at a minimum, self-funding.

Conservancy is more than happy to take over these hosting costs. At ~300€ a
month, there's roughly 8 months of funding for that infrastructure in the bank.
Let me know what the best way to coordinate adding me as a billing contact to
the (multiple?) Hetzner account(s) is.

This leads me into the second point of getting together to plan a fundraiser.
Is this thread a good place to start the conversation or is a new thread
preferred?

Feel free to reach out to me on list, email or libera (I'm pono there).

-Pono