Freescout usage and missing features

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Wed May 5 16:13:11 BST 2021

Hi all,

freescout has been active for the last months and I'm wondering how
active people are using it. Most emails to contact at openwrt.org seem to
be handled directly rather than using freescout.

I wanted to give it another try today but basic features like hotkeys
seem to be a premium feature[1]?

Additionally, mail conversations are not "detected" but rather printed
in full. All quoted text is printed which makes it less usable than my
local email client. I did not check if there's another premium "module"
for that.

Lastly, it lacks 2FA (another premium feautre[2]) which we agreed to
require for all OpenWrt infrastructure since the last OpenWrt devel meeting.

If nobody is excited about using it, should we disable it again? Are
alternatives like Zammad[3] an option?

Best,
Paul

[1]: https://freescout.net/module/keyboard-shortcuts/