Replace oppressive terms with inclusive terms.

Imre Kaloz kaloz at dune.hu
Wed Jun 23 03:33:52 PDT 2021

Daniel,

Let's ignore for a second that part of your mail is closer to ad hominem then a valid reply.

A few months ago when it has been noticed you've pushed your "main" branch to git, your answer went from that "accidentally happening" to stating that would have been the right thing to do. It didn't work out, so now you're trying to cross-post between lists to feel validated enough to push again for the political agenda you have, doubling down from "more inclusive" to "oppressive" - if you don't see how that's going down the rabbit hole I'm not sure how to explain the problem.

As Eleanor Roosevelt said: no one can make you feel inferior without your consent. Freedom of speech gives everyone the right to offend you while freedom of thought gives you the right to be offended by them. Being offended is a choice that you make; and you can find anything offensive if you really want to -- informal fallacies are your friends when it comes to this.

There are only a few things more dangerous when you start censoring or reinterpreting past literature or events, specially when you hope that words you don't like have to be looked up in a dictionary. I don't think wiping out the past (which is an all-time favorite for both far-right and far-left) would make the world a better place. You know the drill, you either learn from the past or repeat it. This "woke movement" has an alarming number of similarities to both extremes from our history.

As far as I know we have a defined way to start voting and cross-posting was never one of them.

You are free to be neutral, but nonsense like this will be always a hardline "no" from me.

Imre