New CDN via fastly.com

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Thu Jan 21 21:39:09 EST 2021

Hi all,

it took a little time but now we're sponsored by fastly to speed up our
downloads.

In cooperation with Ted I'm setting up sources.cdn.openwrt.org and
suggest to enable CDN as preferred mirror. Specifically  that means to
revert the follow commit:

bf96eb55c8 Revert "scripts/download: add sources CDN as first mirror."

Due to the recent buildbot issues with updating feeds I'm wondering if
we should add all standard feeds as folders to sources.o.o and change
the default feeds file to download from the CDN rather than git.o.o.
This should give a massive release to the git servers and future
failures.

Additionally we could use a non-public origin server which feeds the
CDN and mirrors and distribute downloads.o.o directly via CDN.

Thoughts?

Best,
Paul