AW: Donations moved from SPI to SFC too?

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Wed Sep 16 19:04:59 EDT 2020

On 9/16/20 6:23 PM, Thomas Endt wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for taking care of this.

> Please take a look: https://openwrt.org/inbox/donate2

https://openwrt.org/inbox/donate2 does not show the donate button in
Firefox and Chromium for me.

We should update this text:

> The OpenWrt Project is maintained by a global community of volunteers
> (individuals and companies) and it incurs some monthly infrastructure
> costs.

I would remove the "and companies".

> If you wish to support the OpenWrt Project, you can do so by donating
> towards the monthly infrastructure costs. All money collected are
> controlled by the project leaders and go towards those specific
> infrastructure costs only.

We used this money also to finance the OpenWrt meeting in Hamburg last
year. I would change it to this:

All collected money minus the transaction fees and some maintenance fees
is controlled by Software Freedom Conservancy in the name of the OpenWrt
project and will be used to support the OpenWrt project (e.g. server
infrastructure, legal fees to manage the OpenWrt trademark, travel
support for meetings, ...).

> Please note however that when enough money to cover the costs for a
> foreseeable future is collected, you will no longer be able to donate.

I would remove this sentence.

> If OK, I can move the page to https://openwrt.org/donate

Hauke