[Was: Re: Firmware Selector Setup]

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Mon Sep 14 15:15:26 EDT 2020

Hi,

On Mon Sep 14, 2020 at 8:41 AM HST, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Congrats, great work!

Yea congrats from me too, great work Moritz and Petr!

> Here is some feedback on the staging version:
>
> - the latest stable release should probably be the default (currently,
> snapshots is the default)

Yes I agree, tht should be changeable in config.js:
https://gitlab.com/ynezz/openwrt-firmware-selector/-/blob/master/www/config.js

> - the date is the same for all models, even for 19.07.4 images: "Mon, 14
> Sep 2020 10:14:12 GMT". I'm not sure what this date is supposed to
> mean.

Moritz is his PR still your favorite approach?
https://github.com/mwarning/yet-another-firmware-selector/pull/55

> - is it possible to add 18.06?

>From my understanding, no. JSON support was only added to 19.07. We
could manually backport the patches oot and build once all targets just
to receive the profile.json files. Then we would have to update all
containing checksum inside the profiles, as many images are not yet
reproducible. Maybe a bit to much work?