[Was: Re: Firmware Selector Setup]

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Mon Sep 14 06:36:09 EDT 2020

Moritz Warning <moritzwarning at web.de> [2020-08-01 02:13:05]:

Hi,

> we have reached the point that we can finally set up the firmware selector [0]. Yay!
> But somebody need to finally put it on the website...

so https://firmware-selector.staging.openwrt.org is alive, deployed
automatically from CI pipeline[1]. Any push into master branch deploys site at
firmware-selector.staging.o.o (once all CI tests pass). Then after additional
QA steps done usually by humans it's possible to manually trigger another CI
pipeline which is going to deploy the site at production URL
firmware-selector.openwrt.org.

Next steps:

 - fix the `web` group/repo name clash on GitLab.com/openwrt and setup mirroring and
   CI/CD deployment from GitLab.com/openwrt/web/firmware-selector-openwrt-org.git
 - fix remaining issues (if any) on staging and make the site officialy alive
   on firmware-selector.openwrt.org

I plan to tackle these in the upcoming days.

1. https://gitlab.com/ynezz/openwrt-firmware-selector/-/pipelines/189588455

Cheers,

Petr