AW: Donations moved from SPI to SFC too?

Thomas Endt tmo26 at gmx.de
Mon Sep 14 06:22:40 EDT 2020

[...]

> How can we get this announcement onto the website?
> https://sfconservancy.org/news/2020/sep/10/openwrt-joins/
>
> I would like to show a teaser for about 2 months on the start page, with the
> first 1 or 2 sections and then the full text on a own subpage.

- Full text: https://openwrt.org/openwrt_joins_conservancy
- Implemented on https://openwrt.org , although currently slightly different than you might have expected.
The section include works on section headings and is set to include only the first section (with section = text below a section heading).
Since there are only two section headings in this text ("About OpenWrt" + "About Software Freedom Conservancy"), the complete text between the page title and "About OpenWrt" is shown.
To show only the first two "sections", excluding " Bradley M. Kuhn, our Policy Fellow [...]" and everything after this, we would need to introduce another section heading.
If you have a suitable section heading, it can easily be added, and the included text on https://openwrt.org/ will automatically be shorter.

> It would be nice to have a own page with the old teasers.

Which old teasers do you have in mind?

Regarding the new Donate button: I will look into this later this day.

Regards,

Thomas