Handling of devices both in ar71xx and ath79 in releases [Was: Re: Firmware Selector Setup]

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Sun Sep 13 05:30:43 EDT 2020

Moritz Warning <moritzwarning at web.de> [2020-08-01 02:13:05]:

Hi,

> we have reached the point that we can finally set up the firmware selector

while preparing the deployment, I've just noticed, that for the 19.07 releases
the firmware selector is quite confusing for devices which are in ar71xx and
ath79, like for example TP-LINK Archer C7 v5.

It shows `TP-LINK Archer C7 v5` in the dropdown menu for ar71xx target and
it shows `TP-Link Archer C7 v5` in the dropdown menu for ath79 target.

Would it make sense to handle this corner case as well? For example having
`TP-LINK Archer C7 v5 (ar71xx)` and `TP-Link Archer C7 v5 (ath79)` in the
dropdown menu?

Cheers,

Petr