Disk usage increase on download server / mirrors

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Tue Nov 24 17:39:07 EST 2020

Hi,

On 21-07-19, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I manage an OpenWrt download mirror that rsyncs from the main download
> server, and the mirror recently filled up its disk.
>
> Disk usage seems to have increased rather quickly over time:
>
> - one year ago: 210 GB
> - one month ago: 420 GB
> - now: more than 540 GB

We are now at almost 900 GB, and I noticed some mirrors started dropping
the snapshots altogether (and we might do the same from our mirror, we are
running out of space).

There was the idea to drop old kmod archives from snapshots after 6
months, is it still possible?  It would help a lot with disk usage.

It also needs to be applied to stable snapshots (maybe even more
aggressively?) because it is also starting to take lots of space:

   67.2 GiB [##########] /18.06-SNAPSHOT
   66.7 GiB [######### ] /19.07-SNAPSHOT
   27.0 GiB [####      ] /packages-19.07
   22.4 GiB [###       ] /19.07.0-rc1