Commit access for David M. Woodhouse AKA dwmw2(_gone)

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jul 23 12:37:47 EDT 2020

On Mon, 2020-06-08 at 13:31 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Mon, 2020-06-08 at 13:37 +0200, Rafał Miłecki wrote:
> > On Mon, 8 Jun 2020 at 13:30, Kevin 'ldir' Darbyshire-Bryant
> > <ldir at darbyshire-bryant.me.uk> wrote:
> > > I’d like to propose that David M. Woodhouse AKA dwmw2(_gone) be given commit access to Openwrt.
> > >
> > > David has been involved in the Linux kernel for decades and when
> > > asked for a short bio said "I wrote mtd and jffs2”.  I know he’s
> > > dealt with many other kernel issues and has effectively ‘discussed’
> > > things even with Linus.  David also runs & manages our mail lists
> > > without which you wouldn’t be reading this.
> >
> > I'm obviously aware of David's contributions for Linux development and
> > OpenWrt infrastructure. Also thankful for his help & support. Is he
> > interested in OpenWrt development though? I see only few quite old
> > commits from him by looking at
> > https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt%2Fopenwrt.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=author&s=Woodhouse
> >
> > Is there another reason for that commit access?
>
> I've just taken ownership of the Domoticz and supporting packages since
> Stijn isn't using them any more.
>
> When asking for commit access (which I have for packages now; thanks) I
> figured I might as well ask for access to the core repository too.
>
> I currently have a Banana Pi R2 on my desk which works with my local
> tree; I plan to clean that up and send it in. As Kevin says, there's no
> real reason why I can't get by with submitting PRs and hassling people
> to merge for me. But that distracts from the time I (and the hasslees)
> could be spending doing something more productive :)

FWIW the Banana Pi R2 support is merged, modulo an Ethernet performance
regression in 5.4 which I'm still chasing. I bought a UniElec U7623
board so I can properly unify all the mt7623 platforms and make them
sane. Next up is mt7622 — my Banana Pi R64 should arrive, and UniElec
are sending me an mt7622 platform. I plan to continue cleaning up the
various MediaTek platforms.

I'm OK with submitting PRs, and have no intention of "bypassing
review", as Adrian puts it. But if you don't want to give me commit
access yet then please could someone (review and) pull PR#3230 and
PR#3237.