Security maintenance policy

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Thu Dec 17 11:41:28 EST 2020

Hauke Mehrtens <hauke at hauke-m.de> [2020-12-17 16:17:33]:

Hi,

thanks for taking care of this.

> If someone needs longer support, some paid model like the Debian LTS model
> would be nice, so developers would get paid for an extended LTS support but
> still can release the code publicly.

+1 and this should be really accelerated as project is now backed by SFC

> I would like to get some comments about this, so we can have a concrete vote
> on this in about 2 weeks.

I find it quite weird to vote on something I know I won't participate in. If
you want to continue supporting 2nd stable release then continue doing it?
Nobody is going to force stop you I guess :-)

My vote is going to prefer keeping focus of resources on development, spend
less of "free" resources on 2nd stable release maintenance, support one stable
release only with the "free" resources.

Estimate roughly terms/resources/costs for maintenance of 2nd/LTS release,
announce it and provide it only if those requirements are met.

Cheers,

Petr