Do we need to talk about OpenWrt Rules?

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 08:57:55 EST 2020

I agree with much of what you say, especially about the current state.

> On Dec 10, 2020, at 8:36 AM, Petr Štetiar <ynezz at true.cz> wrote:
>
> If you want to execute that task, and make the releases every 6 months a
> reality, then I think, that you're looking for the answer to the following
> question:
>
> What needs to be changed so OpenWrt can provide releases every 6 months?

This is one good question. Two more before I start my work day (and look forward to chatting in a couple hours...)

- How do hauke and zorun decide to when to branch? What process do they use?

- In Hamburg, some people said, "Oh, I don't think we can do that. Some people within OpenWrt wouldn't be happy..." How can we have that discussion to actually understand what would or wouldn't be acceptable? Wouldn't advancing a concrete proposal and talking about it be a good way?

Thanks again.

Rich