Firmware Selector Setup

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 09:27:38 EDT 2020

> On Jul 31, 2020, at 8:13 PM, Moritz Warning <moritzwarning at web.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> we have reached the point that we can finally set up the firmware selector [0]. Yay!

YAY! Indeed...

> But somebody need to finally put it on the website...

That's the next big question. How do we roll out this wonderful new feature?

1) Is it ready to go now?

2) What releases would we initially handle: 18.06.08? 19.07.3? Snapshot? Do we have a preference for the order of the choices in the dropdown? (I would list current stable version first, with Snapshot last.)

3) Do we tie it to the release of 20.xx at all?

4) Who needs to be involved in the decision to move forward? (I note that openwrt-devel has not been looped into this message. How much involvement do we need?)

5) Who needs to be involved in "the doing" to make this happen? At a minimum, we will need to:
	- Put the YAFS pages on the website
	- Decide whether to update the entire Download section of the site (see https://richb-hanover.github.io//LEDE_Download_Index_Page/files.html for final drafts of those pages)
	- Update the Wiki to tell how to use the new download feature (several places?)
	- Create a post for the Forum describing the new download facility
	- Write a News Item on the wiki home page
	- What else?

Thanks.

Rich