18.06 Status?

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Tue May 1 08:53:14 EDT 2018

Hi folks,

It has been exactly a month since Hauke sent his note recommending a release process for the next OpenWrt stable. http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/lede-dev/2018-April/011704.html I have not seen any further discussion of this proposal.

Given that the OpenWrt/LEDE merger was founded on the desire to improve communication, I am concerned that we're not talking to each other about important questions.

It would be OK if we all agreed that we have too many pieces in flux to talk about a stable release. But I don't think it's too soon to talk about pausing the project evolution briefly and making the hard decisions about what's in, what's out. Then most people (who're unwilling to run a snapshot) can get the benefit of all your effort over the last year.

Thanks for listening,

Rich