[OpenWrt-Devel] patchwork

Piotr Dymacz pepe2k at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 04:30:41 EST 2018

Hi,

On 18.01.2018 09:44, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> Hi John, Alex,
>
> I have no problem with closing / autorejecting open tickets in patchwork
> as long as they somehow remain available for future reference.

ACK.

Would it be possible to send the author short message why the patch was
auto closed/rejected (excluding the auto message from patchwork)?

>> To add here. Would it be possible/desire-able to add an auto-timeout
>> to patchwork & github PRs, issues to close after X time ? Maybe make
>> it official as part of the submission process.
>
> I would very much like that and have been thinking about this various
> times, maybe it is time to finally implement it.
>
> I could think of an idle timeout ranging somewhere between 3 to 6 months.

Some of us discussed this during the OpenWrt Summit and IIRC we agreed
that it would make sense and is desirable.

Also, a nice message explaining why this happens, maybe with short list
of what the user can/should do afterwards, would save us time answering
the same questions, especially on GitHub.

--
Cheers,
Piotr