[VOTE] using release names or not

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 17:23:16 EDT 2017

Hi folks,

I'm not sure if I'm entitled to a vote, but as a documenter & forum participant, I recommend #2 - no code names.

In addition to the reasons already mentioned, bug reports would need to include the release NUMBER in addition to the code name for useful version info. For example:

"I just installed Enormous Elephant 18.01.2, and I'm having trouble with..." (or worse)
"I just installed Enormous Elephant, and I'm having trouble with..." which requires an immediate follow-up of "Which version? 18.01.1? 18.01.2?"

Thanks.

Rich