Remerge coordinator required

Alexandru Ardelean ardeleanalex at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 11:01:57 EDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 5:48 PM, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:

> On 02/10/17 15:26, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
>>
>> Hello fellow devs,
>>
>> now that the domains are transferred and SPI liaison situation is
>> cleared up, we urgently need someone actively driving the project merger.
>>
>>  From what I can see, nobody among those voting for a remerge on the LEDE
>> side is currently actively pursuing that goal.
>>
>> I know that this is a spare time project and that people involved rather
>> invest their time in development and not management issues, but the way
>> I see it is that there simply will be no merge at all unless people
>> actually start working on it.
>>
>> Personally I lack the time and commitment to hold the strings but will
>> gladly help with implementing required changes.
>>

>> So please, someone step up and volunteer for the task coordination if
>> you wish the merger to succeed.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Jo
>>
> Hi Jo,
>
> thanks for the mail, I feel the same way. I wish I had the time to take care
> of the remerge, but i am unfortunately head under with work and real life
> atm. Hoping that one of the many folks that took such a big interest in the
> remerge will step up and start making it happen.
>
>     John

Not that I am saying that I am eligible for this.
But I am interested in the remerge.

What is entailed to doing the re-merge ?
Maybe a "Job Description" would help.

AFAICT, it's:
* renaming the current OpenWrt to OpenWrt_old,
* renaming LEDE to OpenWrt
* diff, port stuff from OpenWrt to LEDE
* rename  lede-project.org to  openwrt.org
* redirect lede-project.org to openwrt.org
* diff old infrastructure with new infrastructure, and see what
remains & how to do a "old-page old links thing"

Btw: it may be that this email is disregarded by lede-adm, since I
don't think I have rights to send to it.
But hope this helps a bit.

Thanks
Alex