Talking points about project merge at OpenWrt summit

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Tue Oct 24 18:06:36 EDT 2017

Hi,

I will participate in the OpenWrt panel at the OpenWrt summit and would
like to align with you on the talking points regarding the merge. If I
miss something or something is wrong please send me a mail.

The LEDE project and the OpenWrt project agreed on a merge under the
OpenWrt name and the LEDE project rules some months ago.

The lede-project.org and openwrt.org domains where transfered to the SPI
(Software in the Public Interest Inc.)

John Crispin and Imre Kaloz are Project Liaisons for OpenWrt at the SPI

We will use the LEDE repository in the future and are currently working
on merging the patches which are in the OpenWrt repository, but not in
the LEDE one into the LEDE repertory.

We will use the openwrt github project and replace the current code with
the lede code base, all existing pull requests will be closed.

We will use the infrastructure set up by LEDE (git repo server, build
bot master). We will try to use external infrastructure when possible
like patchwork, mailinglist