Linux Foundation

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 03:23:10 EST 2017

On 1 March 2017 at 13:02, John Crispin <john at phrozen.org> wrote:
> @lede: everyone, its time to say what you think. people have made a
> start now and your opinion is valid and important whether it is pro or con
>
> Maybe we can speed this process up a bit. I get the impression that
> everyone is eager to remerge and that the branding is the actual topic
> that is blocking this. We could simply make 2 votes
>
> 1) do we want to remerge

Yes (especially for code repo).
It's open source world, everyone can use my commits, I don't see a
point in making it harder. If OpenWrt team wants to directly share
their work - great. I vote for 1 git tree.
I'm not sure about other areas, e.g. wiki. I'm very unsure about using
OpenWrt wiki as I think there is a lot of mess on various pages. This
requires a really good review or just picking a valuable content to a
new wiki.

> 2) do we want to rebrand

No.
For a long time I felt bad loosing OpenWrt name/brand, but I'm over
it. I got really happy watching more and more LEDE successes (that's
what I call it at least) and how people got involved into this
project. I lost interest in OpenWrt brand, right now it only reminds
me all the problems I experienced there.

--
Rafał