[LEDE-DEV] LEDE call for vote on remerge proposal V3

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Tue Jun 27 16:55:05 EDT 2017

On 06/26/2017 11:59 PM, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> On 06/10/2017 03:13 PM, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> As many already acknowledged this proposal I would like to call for an
>> official vote among the LEDE committers till 14.6.2017 on this proposal.
>> I counted the following replays to the proposal already as an
>> acknowledgment:
>> Steven, Matthias, Stijn, Hauke, Florian, Daniel, Hans, John, Rafał,
>> Felix, Alexander, Piotr
>> If you till ack it, you do not have to do it again.
>>
>> I haven't seen any NACK among the LEDE committers till now.
>>
>> If this will get accepted by the LEDE committers and also the OpenWrt
>> core developers accept it, I would like the OpenWrt core developers
>> start with migrating the openwrt.org domain to the SPI as a first step.
>>
>> Hauke
>
> Sorry it took me longer to count the votes. ;-)
>
> The remerge proposal was acknowledged by the following LEDE developers:
> Steven, Matthias, Stijn, Hauke, Florian, Daniel, Hans, John, Rafał,
> Felix, Alexander, Piotr and Jonas (13)
>
> In addition it was acknowledged by the following OpenWrt hackers:
> Zoltan, Miken, Imre and Matteo (4)

John told me that OpenWrt is currently only represented by Imre, Luka
und Zoltan, so Matteo and Mike then probably go into the next category,
but this does not change the end result.

> The following people I was unable to put into one of these groups also
> acknowledged it: ;-)
> Koen, Vincenzo, Alexandru and Eric (4)
>
> I counted one Not acknowledge:
> Jow (1)
>
> I used this list for the LEDE developers:
> https://lede-project.org/about#people
>
> With that vote the remerge is officially approved by the LEDE developers
> and also by the OpenWrt hackers.
>

> As a first step I would like to see the openwrt.org domain being
> transfered to the Software in the Public Interest, Inc (SPI) so the SPI
> can take the ownership of the domain in the name of the project, like
> they do for the debian.org domain name.
> Imre will you take care of this please.

Transferring the openwrt.org domain to the SPI is seen as a prerequisite
before the next steps will be taken by the LEDE developers.

@Imre: I assume this needs multiple steps, could you please update us on
the status of transferring the openwrt.org domain to the SPI please.

> Imre and John volunteered to represent us at the SPI. As I haven't read
> anybody having a problem with that in the mail threads, I assume that
> this is ok with everyone. Imre and John can you please also work on this
> topic. If anyone wants a formal vote on this or would like to have other
> people representing us please speak up now.

John said that he would represent the merged project at the SPI.

Hauke