[RFC] Rethink the voting / decision making process

Conor O'Gorman i at conorogorman.net
Tue May 31 05:09:23 EDT 2016

On 30/05/16 17:06, Jo-Philipp Wich wrote:
> Hi Conor,
>
> I am still looking around...
>
> The first candidate I looked at was Debian but its project policy
> documents read like German tax law, not exactly the simple, yet
> democratic project rules I had in mind ;(
>
> ~ Jo

Some googling yesterday suggested the idea of sub-committees.

I suggest a possible arrangement:

Build system (stuff in include/)
Toolchain
Kernel
Platforms
Management/Config (procd,netifd,ubus,uci,luci)
Packages
Documentation
Repo, Build and Test Infrastructure
Community/Corporate interaction

There may not be formal sub-committees, but I think it is useful to
consider some sub-divisions of the project.

Conor