[RFC] Future meeting organization

Jo-Philipp Wich jo at mein.io
Thu May 26 09:15:47 EDT 2016

Hi all,

another topic I'd like to discuss is how we stage future meetings. I
received feedback from various sides asking for a stronger preference on
mailing lists and less reliance on IRC.

Personally I'd like to propose that we assemble agenda items and discuss
topics on this list (lede-adm@) in the future in order to reduce the IRC
meetings to a bare minimum, basically only to vote and document the
agreements previously reached on the list.

In case that a new voting mechanism is implemented (e.g. liquid
feedback) we could abolish the IRC meetings entirely or turn them into
regular informal discussion rounds...

Whats your thoughts on that?

~ Jo