LEDE/OpenWrt merge discussion

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Mon Jun 13 11:20:43 EDT 2016

Hi John,

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 04:23:49PM +0200, John Crispin wrote:

> On 10/06/2016 15:17, Felix Fietkau wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > The discussion regarding a merge between LEDE and OpenWrt seems to be
> > heading nowhere at the moment.
> > I've been talking to mbm and he asked me for more specific ideas on how
> > such a merge could actually happen. In an email to the list, Zoltan also
> > asked for our specific terms and wishes for a merge.
> >
> > Considering the significant progress that we've made on the code, our
> > infrastructure and governance, I believe that a merge with OpenWrt needs
> > to use all of our work as a starting point, specifically our codebase,
> > governance rules and infrastructure and admin access policies.
> >
> > What other topics/issues do you guys think are essential to consider
> > when we approach the OpenWrt team for a new attempt at settling this?
> >
> > - Felix

> hi,
>
> nice to see things picking up pace. do we know who this actually
> involves ? it is not clear to me who is still on the openwrt team.

I asked that question to Zoltan in reply to
https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2016-June/041723.html

He then replied in
https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2016-June/041742.html

---
Mike, Luka, Zoltan, Florian, Roman, Gabor, Matteo, at this point
(Considered to be on the team, but didn't answer the req-for-sign or AWOL:
Imre, Mirko)
---