LEDE/OpenWrt merge discussion

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Fri Jun 10 10:23:49 EDT 2016

On 10/06/2016 15:17, Felix Fietkau wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The discussion regarding a merge between LEDE and OpenWrt seems to be
> heading nowhere at the moment.
> I've been talking to mbm and he asked me for more specific ideas on how
> such a merge could actually happen. In an email to the list, Zoltan also
> asked for our specific terms and wishes for a merge.
>
> Considering the significant progress that we've made on the code, our
> infrastructure and governance, I believe that a merge with OpenWrt needs
> to use all of our work as a starting point, specifically our codebase,
> governance rules and infrastructure and admin access policies.
>
> What other topics/issues do you guys think are essential to consider
> when we approach the OpenWrt team for a new attempt at settling this?
>
> - Felix

hi,

nice to see things picking up pace. do we know who this actually
involves ? it is not clear to me who is still on the openwrt team.
although they are all welcome it would be nice to actually know who this
would comprise. anyhow lets hope we work something up and make everyone
happy again. would be nice if we could word this in more of a common
task/todo list rather than demands/conditions.

some ideas that were discussed on irc and i think in one of the meetings

*) ask for the openwrt.org domain to be handed over to SPI, and hand
over the lede-project domain at the same time
*) there is the rule of no project email addresses being used to send
emails by developers, how should this be handled ?
*) ask for openwrt to donate the wiki and forum to the infrastructure pool
*) while at it we should also offer voting rights to the active feeds
maintainers

	John